Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Popsicle Idea Jar


We keep a jar (well, a cup actually) full of idea Popsicle sticks on a shelf in our living room. These quick ideas are great for those times when we all have a touch of winter induced cabin fever!
I color coded our sticks into two categories: the sticks with a red end are songs to sing. I posted here listing some common songs for toddlers and preschoolers. The sticks with a black end are activities to do together. Here are some of the quick, little prep activities we enjoy. The color coding and writing were all done in permanent marker. This has proved to be a fun and useful jar!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. Stopped by while compling the stats for the RPTI. Stumbled your post.
    I love the songs idea. Do you add ones you would love them to do? I made a jar and did that and it was funny to see their face when they pulled out a little bit of a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love how quick, easy, and convenient they are - literally at your fingertips. Thanks for sharing the idea(s). Here is a new blog that I recently started for themed activity days (and other family-friendly info and ideas): http://everydayfamilyactivities.blogspot.com/

    PS. I deleted my previous comment due to a poor grammatical error! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love (and needed) this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I love to hear and learn from others!