Friday, January 14, 2011

Playing in the Dishwasher

I know that playing in the dishwasher sounds like a strange things to do, but it's not quite as it seems. :) Lately my 14 month old has been enthralled with containers and it just so happens that our dishwasher has a wonderful removable silverware container.

For safety reasons (and because I didn't want her sitting on the door of the dishwasher) I took the container out and set it on the kitchen floor, along with some measuring cups and miscellaneous silverware.

Amy had a blast putting items in each division of the silverware holder and then taking them all out again. This was a fun, easy activity, although I do offer my warning that if you try this at home be aware that your toddler may come crawling to the kitchen whenever dishes are being done looking for something to play with!