Saturday, March 1, 2014

Book Review: A Rainbow of Birds

We have read a few of Janet Halfmann's books and have enjoyed them all.  Her latest story, A Rainbow of Birds, is another keeper!

It's a bird folk tale told by a daddy cardinal to his little chicks about how rainbows came to be.  With bright illustrations and a simple story line, this was a great book for my two year old who is learning her colors.  My older children enjoyed it as well.


I especially liked the additional facts and activities about color and rainbows included at the end of the book.  My children are incredibly excited to try making their own rainbow outdoors.  (We just need warm weather and sunshine so we can break out the hose!)

A Rainbow of Birds is a fun combination of imagination and science, great for ages 2-8.

You can find out more about A Rainbow of Birds here:
http://janethalfmann.com/rainbow-of-birds
http://www.guardianangelpublishing.com/rainbow-birds.htm

*I was provided a free digital copy of the book by the author.  All opinions are my own.*