Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fancy Nancy Manners Dinner

We checked out Fancy Nancy (by Jane O Connor) from the library and after a few read throughs my children were enthralled by the idea of dressing up to have a fancy dinner just like the characters in the book.

My husband and I decided to take the idea one step further and have a fancy etiquette dinner where we would not only put on fancy clothes and eat on fnacy dishes, but we would practice our fancy manners as well.

It was a hit!  The kids were thrilled that Mommy and Daddy got so fancy (my husband wore his tux and I wore an old homecoming dress...things that usually sit untouched in the back of our closet!)  And everyone really did demonstrate better manners than usual (with a little reminding from the parents.)  We hope to have more "Fancy Nancy Dinners" in the future!