Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What to get a 2 year old for her birthday?

As Amy's second birthday is quickly approaching next month we've been brainstorming what to get her, and what to suggest to the grandparents as ideas for gifts.  Here are a few I think she would like (in no particular order), and are also ones that I would like too (no obnoxiously loud sounds, batteries that never die, etc.).   

What other ideas do you have for a two year old's birthday present?

Rody Inflatable Hopping Horse:  Have you seen these inflatable bouncy horses?  We've test driven them a few times at a local toy store, and they are a hot for toddlers and preschoolers!  They come in several fun colors too!

A Little People Toy, like this Little People Lil' Movers School Bus.  I've been noticing that at friend's houses, playgroups, and nursery at church Amy has been really into Little People.  I love to see what she does with them...like taking a mommy and daddy doll and holding them together while saying, "kiss, kiss."  :)


Lil' Doll Cradle by KidKraft:  Amy loves taking care of her baby dolls!  I looked around at different doll cradles, and settled on this one because of it's high ratings and wood construction.  (I just know my children are going to try and climb inside of it!)


A Child's Rocking Chair.  She loves rocking with me, and I'm sure she'd love to rock her baby dolls too!