Friday, July 1, 2011

Music Appreciation, part 2

If you missed part one, you can read/watch the clips here.

A few weeks ago we picked up a copy of Disney's Fantasia from the local thrift store.  I hadn't seen this show in years!  And my kids never had.  Now we enjoy watching a segment together once in a while.

I love that they are being exposed to a variety of music, and it is so fun to be able to talk to them about what they are seeing and how it coordinates to what they are hearing.

My 3 year old, while listening to the William Tell Overture in the car recently said, "The music makes me see a picture in my head."  Yea!  His little musical self is growing!

Here are a few clips we enjoyed from Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 to share with your little ones. Some are a bit long, so don't feel that you have to watch them all in one sitting! Enjoy!

Carnaval des Animaux:


Rapsody in Blue:


Russian Flowers:


The Sorcerer's Apprentice:


The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71A:


Segment from Dance of the Hours: