Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Crafts

Somehow St. Patrick's day has snuck up on me! This morning I decided we should do something to be festive, so we made two shamrocks to hang in the window, one for a 3 year old and one for a 1 year old. Here we go...


For Isaac's 3 year old version I cut out a shamrock shape from an old cereal box. Then Isaac tore pieces of green construction and tissue paper and glued them to the cardboard. We happened to have some gold sparkly puffy paint, so Isaac put some on...and spread it around with a paint brush. We're hoping the gold sparkles attract some Leprechauns to come for a visit!

For the 1 year old version I drew a shamrock shape on a piece of contact paper. We gave Amy some pieces of paper Isaac had torn and encouraged her to stick them to the sticky side of the contact paper.
She was only interested in doing a few pieces... so Isaac added a few extra. Then I covered the top with another piece of contact paper and cut around the shamrock outline I'd made.
The result is a St. Patrick's day sun catcher in our window!

Have a happy St. Patrick's Day!