Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book Review: God Gave Us So Much


Awaiting us at my parents house was the book God Gave Us So Much: A Limited-Edition Three-Book Treasury to read and review. It is a collection of three stories (God Gave us the World, God Gave us Love, and God Gave us Heaven) with a little girl polar bear cub as the main character.


Each story is basically an illustrated conversation between the polar bear cub and her parents about a gospel subject, such as creation, love and heaven. I enjoyed reading these, but they were a bit long for my 3 year old.


The pictures are lovely, and I think this story collection would be a great fit for ages 5 to 9. Reading these stories is a great way to help kids answer questions they may have about God and what He has done for us. and allow parents to expound on the simple truths that God loves us all.
Overall, I was glad to read a book that is designed to teach children about God!
I recieved this book for free to review from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group.