Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kid's Birthday Freebies

My daughter's first birthday was last week. I had signed her up a while back for several "birthday clubs" from local businesses. Last week the emails began coming for free meals, tokens, in store credit and other fun freebies.

I know there are many, many kid's birthday clubs. Here are a few of my favorites. They are all free to sign up, and you can sign multiple children up any time during the year. (Most are for ages 10 or 12 and under.)

K-Mart Birthday Club: Child gets a birthday pack with crown and crayons and $5 birthday bucks to spend on anything in the store.

Chuck E. Cheese: Get 20 free tokens. I'm not a huge fan of Chuck E Cheese, and it's mostly above my children's ability level, but we get long winters here in Michigan and having an indoor place that is way different from our normal lives can be the break we all need!

Children's Orchard: Free gift, varies by location. The store near us lets the child choose one item up to $5.99 for free. This is a children's consignment store, which I love! Check their website to see if there is one near you.

Olan Mills Photography: Get a free package of 1 8x10, 1 5x7 and 4 wallets. What better way to remember each stage of your growing child than by taking birthday pictures each year! I wish I'd known about this sooner! Check their website for a studio near you.

And finally, I'd suggest looking at this site where you can select your state and find birthday freebies that are around where you live. Happy Birthday!