Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mommy School- Summer School

With summer just around the corner I've been thinking about how I want to structure our summer, especially how I want to continue incorporating learning into our daily routine.

I'm planning on continuing our daily read alouds, using some workbooks (although I don't love to rely on workbooks they do help my kids practice pencil holding and simple math/reading/letter facts), and go on lots of fun outings and park days.

I saw another blogger (who is about to have a baby) posting her plans now so that during the summer after her baby is born she can just look back and have weekly themes ready to go.  Sounds like a good idea to me!  If you'd like to check out her Mommy School ideas, click here.

What are your summer plans?

1 comment:

  1. We're definitely going to read out loud every day. I'm also working on weekly outings which my daughter could "learn" from (nature reserves, museums, etc.). There will also be the everyday learning (gardening, menu planning, grocery lists, shopping and cooking).

    I'm looking forward to summer. we get to slow down a bit!

    Wishing you a lovely week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I love to hear and learn from others!