Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ThredUp (and a special offer for Baby Brainstorm Readers!)

Have you heard of ThredUp?  It's an online way to swap kids clothes.  Basically, you browse choose from boxes of same size, good quality clothes and pick the one you want.  Then you pay just $5,  plus $10.95 USPS shipping and the box is delivered to your doorstep within a few days.  Then you list boxes of your kid's outgrown clothes.  When someone picks your box you ship it for free, in boxes ThredUp sends to you.  They even schedule the pick up.  How neat is that!

Last week ThredUp was offering a promotion of a free shipping credit for signing up.  I'm always willing to try something for free, and so I signed up and ordered a box of 2T girls clothes for my daughter.  The box came this week and I was very pleased!  It was stuffed to overflowing with 14 good quality (and cute!) items.  I'm especially excited about a pretty little Carters red jacket for Amy.  14 items that would have cost me about over $100 new for $5 plus shipping through ThredUp!  Wow!

If you're interested in ThredUp as a way to give and get quality used children's clothes, check out their website.  It's free to join, and ThredUp is offering a $5 credit if you sign up through my referral link here.  So basically you can get a box of clothes for only the cost of shipping!  Yippee!

Happy swapping!