Friday, March 11, 2011

Magnetic Paper Dolls...I Mean Bears

One of my recent projects for a quiet, take-along activity for my 3 year old has been making magnetic paper dolls.
Well, actually they aren't exactly dolls, they are bears. I used the Berenstain Bears Dress Up Dolls available to print for free here. I loved that there are lots of clothing options and items (like a boat, ball, bat, etc. to go with the themed clothes. We found this thin metal box in a closet, which has made this a great church or car activity.
Here's what I did to make out magnetic dolls:
1. I printed off the dress ups at 150% their normal size. (I just used regular paper, but I would recommend card stock if you have it around.) I just used Brother and Sister Bear, although Ma and Pa bear are available too.

2. I cut out the dolls and glued them onto sheets of magnet from ad magnets I picked up at a health fair and that came with our phone book.
3. I covered the tops with contact paper, then cut out each piece.

4. Isaac played with them. I showed him the general idea, and he took it from there. He loved that if he held the magnets a little off the board, they would still stick to it.
Even if you don't have a magnet board, these would be fun to use on the fridge!

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! Thanks for sharing!
    I love your blog and just wanted to let you know I am starting a Conference Idea Linky Party to compile great ideas for kids and families during conference. Traditions you have, special recipes you make just for conference, or craft ideas, things to get the kids involved and listening. I would love if you would come join with any ideas!

    http://amamab.blogspot.com/2011/03/conference-candy-coutdown-lei-linky.html

    aubrie @ http://amamab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I love to hear and learn from others!