Friday, July 23, 2010

Felt Pizza

I have lots of felt that I have collected and have been trying to come up with ways to use it to make games and activities we can do at home or on the go. Here is a felt pizza that is easy to make, quick, and can be used for creative/dramatic play, to practice color, or to practice shapes (I cut my cheese in triangles and pepperoni in circles.)

Pizza topping ideas:

-pepperoni (red circles (you could put black dots on top with permanent marker to help them stand out from the sauce.)

-cheese (yellow/orange triangles)

-onions (purple rectangles)

-green peppers (green shapes)

-olives (black o's)

-mushrooms (made with white felt)

1 comment:

  1. I have seen the felt pizza idea before, but you have just reminded me of it and how easy it is to make...thank you!!! Love the way you have used it to teach colours and shapes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I love to hear and learn from others!