Thanks to my friend Tanya, here's how to make adorable and easy baby girl headbands:
1. Take a pair of thick adult tights (they are softer than nylons) and cut a 1 1/2 to 2 inch wide strip off the top of one leg.
2. Take a ribbon and wrap it around the headband, gluing the ribbon together. Make sure not to get the glue on the headband.
3. Hot glue a Velcro dot onto the ribbon.
4. Now attach bows or flowers to the Velcro with another Velcro dot.
Now you have a stretchy, versatile, comfy headband for your little one!
To make a flower to use on the headband:
1. Buy a silk flower (try the local dollar store for cheap ones)
2. Take the flower apart.
3. Layer and glue the flower back together
4. Glue a button or gem in the center (you can even use a scrap booking gem)
5. Glue a Velcro dot on the back.
Mix and match pedals from different flowers to create fun new ones.